I have designed custom patterns from photos for many different intarsia artists, subjects ranging from dogs to dump trucks. All of these patterns were not tested prior to sending them to my customers. Every client was very pleased with their pattern and finished piece. Some of the patterns posted on my store pages have not yet been produced in wood. This enables me to supply a wide selection (over 680) of unique and seldom found patterns to intarsia artists... patterns like my Shar Pei, Miniature Pincher, Welsh Corgi and Tennessee Walker Horse. My patterns are designed for intermediate and advanced woodworkers who have some experience in working with intarsia. I do have some beginner patterns and kits as well. I do not include a color photo of the finished piece. I use a gray scale thumbnail of the pattern to indicate the lights and darks in each pattern. I know intarsia artists like to pick out the type and color of their wood according to personal preference and what is available locally. My patterns also indicate risers and grain direction.
I believe a pattern should be a starting point for the intarsia artist... each intarsia piece is a unique and creative vision produced by the woodworker. I have received many wonderful emails and letters from customers who have used and enjoyed making my patterns, some are listed on the testimonial page if you would like to read them. If you are looking for something new and different, try one of my patterns. Great Intarsia art begins with a Great Pattern.
I am so sure that you would be happy with my patterns, I will send a free pattern for you to try. Just mail your address to me and ASK FOR A FREE PATTERN, (along with $4 for postage in US) and I will send a sample pattern of my Labrador Puppy in Doggy Door , " Are You Home Yet?" , a $10 value, along with a catalog. You can also download it at my store for free. There is no postage charge if you just want to have a catalog without the free pattern.
"Creating a pattern is much more than just tracing a photo, as you must have a detailed knowledge of animal anatomy, excellent composition and advanced drawing skills in order to end up with a beautiful design. Not all of my patterns have been "tested" prior to sending them to my customers. After designing over 700 patterns, I know how to create a pattern which is easily used for an outstanding finished intarsia piece." Kathy Wise
With KWD Artistic Intarsia Patterns:
- You get Unique and Artistic Designs of hard to find subjects including over 185 dog breeds, cats, horses and wildlife patterns. Custom patterns are available.
- You have the choice of Red Line or Black Line. Red line is easier to see, but it is more expensive to make copies in color. Black line is ordered most often by Intarsia woodworking Artists.
- Postage is only $4 USA shipping for folded patterns. The majority of woodworkers store patterns folded, so this is the most popular shipping option. This is USPS shipping for any number of patterns, you are not charged per pattern.
- USA 2 Day Priority Shipping (USA only) is available for $8. This includes Insurance. Only $4 more than standard shipping.
- Tubes are available for $4 if you prefer not to have your patterns folded.
- A Tube and USPS 2 Day Priority shipping (USA only) are included for the same $4 shipping charge, after you order 9 or more patterns. 2 Day Priority includes Insurance and tracking number at no extra cost. For less than 9 patterns cost is $8.
- Volume Specials: Save money! Buy 5 ($10) patterns and get the 6th one free. Buy 10 ($10) patterns and get 3 more free. YOU MUST USE THE CODES 1FREE and 3FREE AT CHECK OUT FOR DISCOUNTS TO APPLY
BUY NOW AT KATHY WISE DESIGN STORE SITE