Intarsia Woodworking Patterns
Intarsia Woodworking for Beginners
Intarsia Birds: Woodworking the Wise Way
Customer Testimonials -
-Fantastic! Piece numbered-Details so helpful. Well worth the wait. Joan Z. Brighton, MI
-Excellent, I have all of them (books) and will purchase a copy of everyone you publish. Signing it made it extra special. You are a great artist and no one else compares to yours! Thanks, Carl H. Coolville, OH
-Another awesome book . Larry M. Avilla, IN
-Great Book. Can't wait to make the owls. Already made the pheasant. Thank you! Ron O. Neosho, WI
-Gorgeous Patterns as always. Love the basic intarsia info at the beginning. Velma, M. Three Forks, MT
-The bird book arrived today, it is a great book, lots of great patterns . Hope you sell tons of books. Cliff W.
-Thank you received your book the other day. Very nice book. Thanks again, John H.
-Hi- Your New Bird book was worth the wait. All the birds are amazing. You are truly a wonderful artist. I can't wait to start on one. Only thing is, which do I pick, as they are all great. Thank You, Alfred K. Clio ,Michigan
-I just received your new intarsia birds book yesterday. I would like to congratulate you for that wonderful work you have done in that book. It was worth the wait. Thanks’ again ,Adrien L.
-Awesome birds, love any pattern you come up with. Easy to follow and are the tips. Keep up the great work. Sandy N., Tiffin, OH
-I received the new Intarsia Bird Book. The information in the front of the book is great, and the patterns are beautiful. I just have to decide which one to start first.
I just received my Intarsia Birds Book. I love it! Well done! You have captured the beauty, strength and delicacy of species you decided to showcase in your book. I’ve planned my projects already. The screech Owl will be my first and the barn owl my second. I’m experienced but have never tried any of your advanced patterns. I think I’m going ventured into that category with the Osprey, Peregrine Falcon, American Kestrel, flying Pheasant, and the Great Horned Owl. I love the turkey but that one still scares me a bit. However, I think that once I get the first advanced under my belt, my confidence and skill will be equal to the task to re-create that beautiful tom turkey....I like that you added some very simple birds, when I have down time and don’t want to start a major project I’ll turn to an easy, the chickadee for example, intarsia or segmentation pattern. Sharon R. Stafford, VA
-I sat in bed and I read almost the entire book. It is SO good - well worth the wait. And, YES, plan on developing another one. ...the book is beautifully done. Jim H.
-Well worth the wait, Thank you Kathy. Richard H. D, OH
-Enjoyed it very much. Vern G. Fort Pierce, FL
-Excellent Book! Larry G. Northwood, ND
-I just received it. It looks great. Clarence B. Merasha, WI
-I just received the book, and it was definitely worth the wait. Your patterns are "Awesome", and I can't wait to get started immediately on the Great Horned Owl. The signature was a very nice touch, thank you. Mickey P.
-Excellent, I have all of your books and will purchase a copy of everyone you publish. Signing it made it extra special! You are a great artist and no one else's work compares to yours. Thanks, Carl H. Coolville, OH.
-Hi Kathy, book arrived this morning. wow what a book absolutely amazing. so many lovely projects to do. thank you so much I love it. thanks again Gary L. Australia
-I like the different looks you have done with side, top & bottom views of the finished birds - looks great! Looking forward to any new books you may have for the future. You did a real outstanding job on this one. Danny P., St Petersburg, FL
-I love it! Already started making a Great Horned Owl. Plans for the bobwhite quail next. Michael D. Sapulpa, OK
-Another Great Book! Thanks Kathy. Duane T., Aloha, OR
-Just added several things to my list. I'll never get caught up now!! I wish the road runner was in there! The book is awesome! Scott C.
-I agree with Scott...I was already behind on sea chests, coin holders, pens, and shadow cases...now I have birds to make. I am starting with one of the owls. My wife likes it, so she is first!...Awesome book Kathy, it will be a joy to make many projects out of it. Steven L.
-The book will be worn out from me browsing thru it constantly before I finally chose the one I want to do first! The book is very well done and certainly entices me to get back down to my workshop when the heat breaks. Well done Kathy! Nancy H.
-Saving the book for when the kids return from their summer vacation. I know they'll be as excited as I am to open and go through it! DeNault S.
-I got mine one day last week. It is Awesome!! Love the collection of all your books. Thank you Kathy Wise And keep up the great work. Steve C.
-I ordered mine yesterday and I think I have to wait about 4 weeks until it arrives in Germany... I am really looking forward to holding it in my hands and planning the first project! Ann-Marie N.
-I got mine today!!! Love it ...I'm working on your pattern "Girl with Boots" then on to the "Girl on Swing" then I can move to these!! Can't wait to try the Great Horned Owl! Micki A.
-I am Super happy with the new bird book. I will do an Owl first. Mark A.
-Book arrived this morning. Wow what a book, absolutely amazing. So many lovely projects to do. Thank you so much , I love it. Thanks again. Gary L.
-Received the Christmas Collection CD today and it contains exactly what we were looking for. Thank you, Kathy, for putting together the patterns you have done. Karen & Rich O'Donoghue
-I got received your Intarsia Woodworking For Beginners book. I can't believe all of the beautiful pieces that you have made. What an inspiration. Matt C. Show Low, AZ
-I am writing this to thank you for your book- Intarsia Woodworking Projects. I knew nothing about intarsia. Having just bought a scroll saw I was hungry for any kind of project to do on my new saw. Your book was the answer. I started with the rose and the rest is history. I completed every project in the book. I'm 65 and retired, the scroll saw and book was heaven sent. So I thank you again. Keep on putting out awesome books. Your do patterns are great, they are making me a most popular person in my family and among friends. Richard H. Darien, CT
-I do like your designs. BTW I have your Intarsia Woodworking Projects book, and enjoy the patterns and tips it contains. Thank you, Ian B. Fullerton, CA
-I bought your book that has the Clydesdale horses and the Cowboy Roper. I did both of these patterns and entered them into the DFW, SAW picnic competition in Denton, Texas . I just wanted you to know that I won Best of Show, 1st place & Best in Class for the roper, and I also won 2nd place and Scrollers Choice with the Clydesdale horses. Thanks for two nice patterns; I really enjoyed making them. .. My compliments to you on your great patterns. Jerry P. Willard, MO
- I just got your new book ("Intarsia Woodworking for Beginners" ) yesterday, and I LOVE IT, YOU DID A GREAT JOB. Thanks, Gary S.
- I received my new INTARSIA book today in the mail. I went the book and just love it. You did a very nice job putting this together and I know I will have fun making these patterns. You did a fantastic job with this book and very interesting too. Betty N. Plain City, OH
-I just received yesterday your new book by mail (congratulations, it's really well done) Merci et bonne journée ! Adrien L. Quebec
- I have both of your Books and think they are the best ones Available!! There are several Intarsias I intend to complete. AL W.
I purchased your latest book...Your talent and artistry is fantastic! Pat. V
-I really love your designs and have purchased some of your designs and your book in which I really enjoy. Jayne C.
-I teach scrolling at the Boys and Girls Club In Rensselaer NY and I purchased your book Intarsia woodworking projects. I made the pattern Piano Girls for the club auction and it made $225.00 for the club. I really look forward to your next book. You have a great talent. Keep up the great work .Thanks. Harry.
-I would like to complement you on this book. It is extraordinarily well done! All of the patterns are just excellent! I can hardly wait to start on them!!!!! It is such a surprise to find the full size pattern packet in the back! Carol H. Richland Center. WI
-Want to tell you that I love your book, “Intarsia Woodworking Projects’- the photography is the best I’ve seen in any book (and I have several from Fox Chapel Publishing) Thank you for your excellent designs. M. S. Hawkinsville, GA
-Your book on Intarsia has been a real help to me as I learn to do Intarsia type products. I found your step by step Instructions to be clear and concise covering everything from equipment needed to patterns of projects ranging from beginners to the more complex. The photography is superb as might be expected from an artist. The book has been a joy and an inspiration . Thank you, Glenn H.
-I got your new book as soon as it hit the shelves. I’ve made a great deal of great projects from your patterns. Thank you. S. C. Jonesborough, TN
-Recently obtained the book “Intarsia Woodworking Projects” and was very impressed with the high quality of your patterns. P. L. Manchester, ME
-My copy of Kathy's new book just arrived yesterday. WOW ! The pull out patterns are great! Now that's the way to market a book on Intarsia. I can't wait to get started on one of them. They are all so good, it will be hard to decide. I'm leaning toward the Clydesdale Mare and Colt. I have always been fond of horses and this pattern is fantastic. Thanks again Kathy. J.E. Marlton, NJ
-I still can't say enough about this book. The value truly exceeds the price. The patterns are fantastic, the workmanship in the book is exceptional and my expectations were exceeded in all avenues. Keep it up and you surely will win over more devoted wood craftsmen. Continued success. I can't wait for your next book to come out.
-Purchased your book "Kathy Wise Intarsia Woodworking Projects” We found it good value and interest. The hints were helpful. Wish we had them when we first started. Ours was trial and error learning. The patterns are interesting. The color Photographs very helpful to us in choosing our own wood colors, which is in itself a challenge. The hunt to find available timbers in South Australia with grains and colors that will work makes for an outing. R.M. Australia
-Thanks for sending me your pattern book...there are many I would like to try and after seeing some of your work all I can say is "Wow"! I don't know if I can do them the justice! M. A. West Fargo, ND
- This book is perfect for all skill levels. It covers not only the use of the scroll saw but also discusses wood selection, contour sanding, assembly, and finishing. In short, it covers everything you want to learn about Intarsia. The author also does an excellent job of sharing her tricks and methods for developing an intarsia piece. The included designs and design sheets are worth more than the purchase price of the book. This is just one of those great books. Bob (Massachusetts)
- I love this book, my Dad has done many intarsia projects in the past and I wanted to learn to make them too. Kathy's projects are truly beautiful and lifelike, and I hope to be able to advance quickly from beginner to be able to do the lion's head. My penguin and chick is great-- thanks, Kathy. J.D.
- Your Book has really great patterns and the information seems to be very complete. I've purchased a lot of your other patterns and have always found them easy to work with. J.C. Alaska
- We recently purchased your latest book, Intarsia Woodworking Projects, published 2007 and are enjoying it and your patterns. We find them adaptable for beginners, immediate and advanced. We have not yet worked any patterns in this new book but are looking forward to doing so. We especially like the Clydesdale and colt, the eagle, and the calf roper. This really is your best book yet. There are many good tips in the Do's and Don'ts section. Enjoyed the item on Mop Sanding and plan to purchase one in the near future. We have been Intarsia woodworkers for the past five years and have completed well over 300 projects. Looking forward to you new patterns as they come out, and your next book. Ole and Judy B. Nampa, ID
- I have purchased an autographed copy of Kathy's new book on Intarsia. Very well done and thought out book. I really like having the patterns available in a sleeve in the back of the book for the projects. Color pictures show the wood selection, and fit of each piece. I do a lot of Intarsia projects and have purchased patterns from Kathy for a few years now. I am especially impressed with the pattern Clydesdale Horse and Colt. In my opinion she has captured everything about the animal, as well as the show harness it is wearing. I know it will be a good selling piece as soon as I make it. Kathy is a fresh new source of good new patterns. Very much recommend this book. M. W.
- I just got and read this new intarsia book. I love it. I love how it divides the projects by skill level and I sure like having the patterns in the separate little pack on the back cover. It's full of wonderful tips, too. Very well written! S. W.(Seattle WA)
- Having done intarsia myself, I can readily appreciate the massive talent and artistry of Kathy Wise. Her current book entitled Intarsia Woodworking Projects in my estimation is great. It is very thorough, easy to understand, and full of helpful tips to make your intarsia experience a pleasant and informative one. I stand in awe of such artistic talent and the patterns in this book go from relatively easy to very challenging. If you enjoy intarsia, this is the book for you. This is a great new talent that will be around a long, long time. A.H. (Baltimore, Md.)
- I found that this book was very helpful for me even after obtaining other Intarsia books. It explains everything in detail and is very easy to follows the suggestions and needed instructions. The patterns that are included are great and a must have for my collection. If just getting started in Intarsia I would recommend this book as a very good place to start. D. H.
- I am really enjoying your book, there are some wonderful ideas and tips in it, and the patterns are great. Wonderful!!! Lloyd A
- I now have your book and thank you for all the work of wisdom that you put into it. This book is awesome and a good investment. Thanks again. J.A.S. Yorkton, ON Canada
- I received your excellent Intarsia Woodworking Projects book. This is a major well done book. I would and will recommend it to beginners or any scroller who wants to improve their abilities at Intarsia. The patterns are well worth the price of the book. I've accomplished many of your designs; you are a true Intarsia Artist. Thank you for a wonderful book; you will certainly be the inspiration for a lot of saw dust in my shop. G. E. Hustontown, PA
- I just got and read your new book. I love it. I love dividing the projects by skill level and I sure like having the patterns in the separate little pack on the back cover. S. W. Renton, WA
- I also want to thank for your common sense introduction to your book. So many pattern makers and Intarsia artists think that Intarsia can only be done their way. I got discouraged with this when I first started out with Intarsia about 20 years ago. C.F. GA
- Thank you for the wonderful book and the great information inside. And Thanks for the beautiful patterns. K.M. Ogden, UT
- I now have your book and thank you for all the work of wisdom that you put into it. This book is awesome and a good investment. J. S.
- My book arrived Sat. It came super quick and it is AWESOME! I am looking forward to learning from this book. Tim
- I've been doing intarsia for about 8 years as a hobby. I've admired many of your works, especially the Jaguar on your home page. I purchased your new book last month with the love birds on it. I love your work. Steve
- I received your book yesterday and I think it's the BEST set of Instructions and patterns I've seen so far, for any price! I've taught three Intarsia classes to date and wish I'd had your book to recommend for every one to purchase. Al
- I've taught three Intarsia classes to date and wish I'd had your book to recommend for every one to purchase. My book arrived Sat. It came super quick and it is AWESOME! I am looking forward to learning from this book. Tim
- I got your book today, absolutely beautiful!!!! You really put together a great book, and having the patterns in the back.. .genius! M.G. Canada
- Your new book is really a fine production and I am enjoying it very much. K.T.
- I received your new book! I am delighted with the quality of your patterns and the book itself. Just want to take a moment to congratulate and thank you! Your instructions, tips, pictures, etc...everything is perfect and very clear! It is incredible to find out all the different techniques you are using compared to what I have been doing on my intarsia projects. I can't wait to try them out and then choose which one I am most comfortable with in a specific situation. It is an honor for me to learn from one of the Intarsia masters!
- Your work is truly bringing the Intarsia art to a superior level, a level that I would like to attain eventually. H.C. Canada
- The Web site does not do justice to your book. It is amazing. Worth every penny and then some... J.A. Richmond, MI
- I received the book yesterday. It is FANTASTIC. You have exceeded my expectations. Once again, Thank You for a great product. The color and the patterns are worth more than the price that was paid. If you are planning on another book, keep me in mind. Thank You. P.